Entry-level solution for reliability modelling and maintainability analysis
Maros Lite is a cost-effective and entry-level solution for basic reliability studies and reliability modelling to represent real life scenarios, allowing you to analyse and improve production efficiency. It is based on the Maros and Taro simulator, used over 30 years for RAM (reliability, availability, maintainability) studies from design concept screening to proving detailed design and optimizing mature assets.
Reliability studies with Maros Lite:
- Cost-effective solution for performing an essential RAM analysis and reliability modelling
- Unit level analysis for process plant ranging from offshore installations to fluid catalytic cracker in refinery plants
- Fast, informed and effective decisions through maintainability analysis, evaluating the influence of equipment reliability and maintenance strategy on performance
- Identification of critical events in the system and quantification of system constraints help you to optimize the design
- Allows you to include financial factors to perform cost/benefit analysis in design optimization
- Maros Lite is based on Maros and Taro simulator, which has been developed for more than 30 years to solve problems faced by our users at major companies worldwide
- Maros Lite studies can be imported into Maros and/or Taro when increased complexity of modelling is needed
Optimizing process plant performance
Predicting and understanding your plant performance is a constant challenge in the process industries. With RAM analysis and reliability modelling you will gain support in the decision-making process at every stage – including early stages when the ability to identify optimal design options is critical.
About reliability modelling in Maros Lite
The performance of a system is predicted using simulation techniques. An “event-driven” algorithm is used to create lifecycle scenarios of the system under investigation, accounting for its reliability and maintainability. By combining your understanding of the system to be modelled and DNV GL’s advanced RAM tools you will be able to quantify the benefits likely to result from adopting particular design and maintenance strategies.