Phast Multi-Component Extension
The Multi-Component Extension to Phast enables more accurate and rigorous modelling of mixtures, providing you with more detailed and accurate consequence results.
What you get
- DNV GL’s vast expertise and knowledge on modelling of mixtures integrated into a software tool
- An extension to the core Phast program that facilitates advanced modelling of multi-component mixture releases
- More detailed and realistic results for mixtures in comparison to the standard approach of Phast
Plant hazard analysis
When you conduct a typical plant hazard analysis, it usually involves several hazardous streams containing mixtures of chemicals. The properties of the constituent materials can behave differently when released to the atmosphere. For example, more volatile compounds will flash into the gaseous phase and less volatile compounds will rainout and form a pool on the ground. These changes can significantly affect the calculated hazard ranges associated with the mixture and should be accounted for. The Multi-Component extension allows you to rigorously model mixtures and reflect how their inherent properties (e.g. volatility or density) can affect the associated hazard potential.
Key benefits of the Multi-Component Extension to Phast
- Improved source term modelling of two-phase mixtures for many of the Phast discharge models, including catastrophic rupture, leak, line rupture, relief valve and disc rupture
- Improved phase composition calculation accuracy for dispersing clouds comprising mixtures
- Calculates vapourization rates of multiple components for a mixture vapourizing from a pool
- Enhanced multi-component property system that utilizes various equations of state with intuitive definition of process streams