Calculate leak frequency data - Leak
Easy-to-use, proven and efficient software module to calculate leak frequency
The Leak software module offers you an easy-to-use, proven and efficient way to calculate leak frequency data for various equipment types.
What you get
- DNV GL’s vast expertise on leak frequency analysis, which forms the core of the tool and its capabilities
- Access to a well-established, extensive and continuously updated database of leak frequency data
- A structured and well-defined approach to leak frequency calculations, which can be systematically applied and clearly verified and audited
- A software tool that significantly simplifies the process of generating leak frequencies for diverse equipment types (vessels, valves, pipes, pumps etc)
Leak software simplifies complex calculations
Understanding the potential for leaks (“leak frequency”) associated with process equipment such as valves and pipes is a key requirement for various technical safety-related assessments (for example Quantitative Risk Assessments, QRAs). The Leak program uses well-established failure frequency databases and offers you a platform that facilitates ready and direct calculation of the likelihood of leaks.
Key benefits of Leak software
- Offers a quick and easy-to-use way of generating leak frequency data for numerous applications
- Integrates a well-established leak frequency database, the UK HSE (UK Health and Safety Executive) Hydrocarbon Release Database (HCRD)
- Other datasets can also be integrated
- Ability to generate leak frequencies in various formats, e.g. by hole size, release rate, phase (liquid or gas) and for various equipment types (vessels, valves, pumps etc.)
- Structured approach means you can easily assess and manage a wide spectrum of analysis requirements and save significant time versus using manual applications